9 INTERNATIONAL QUALITATIVE RESEARCH CONFERENCE 2019
17th - 19th October 2019
Bangi Resort Hotel, Selangor Malaysia
"APPROACHES IN QUALITATIVE RESEARCH: REDESIGNING THINKING"
*SUBJECT TO APPROVAL
iQRC 2019 Symposium Title: What counts as saturation?
Symposium Panel: Emeritus Prof David Silverman, Emeritus Prof Carol Grbich, Prof Dileep Kumar
Symposium Chair: Prof Tong Seng Fah
When: Day 2, 10.45am - 11.45am
Saturation is an often fuzzy and problematic concept in qualitative research. The decision of reaching saturation remains with the researchers although the process of reaching it seems elusive for novice researchers.
In this conference, we will set-up an hour of the expert-audience interactive platform to discuss this intricate concept.
A dialogue with the following specific issues will be conducted:
1. What is saturation?
2. Are there different types of saturation?
3. How do we reach saturation?
4. What benefit can we achieve with saturation?
5. How do we build rigour in addressing saturation?
6. How do we evaluate if a published work indeed reaches sufficient saturation?
The audience is encouraged to take part in the dialogue. a